Certificate Completers will be able to
• Apply organic systems principles to their farm or land.
• Appraise and manage soil health.
• Practice organic animal husbandry.
• Apply organic practices to field crops and horticultural crops.
• Create a simple agricultural business plan, with marketing options.
• Evaluate alternative crops and livestock.
• Compose an on-going operation and management plan for an enterprise.
• Plan the transition of a conventional enterprise into an organic one.
• Complete forms necessary to document organic or conservation program status.
• Access financial, technical and service program resources.
• Model a balanced sustainable-organic ag system.
Completers will be able to apply credits toward the following programs:
10-090-3, Sustainable Food and Agriculture Systems