Herbs & Health
Course Number: 10090130
10-090-130 HERBS & HEALTH... explore various herbs; their unique properties, role in history, medicine, food and other traditional uses. Examine growing practices, harvest, and preservation. Make organic preparations; i.e., tea, infusions, tinctures, and salves.
Course Typically Offered
- Appraise herbal history & cultures
- Examine the science behind herbal effects.
- Identify major herbs in this region
- Characterize necessary herbal growing conditions.
- Gather, harvest & store various locally grown herbs
- Use appropriate part of herb (flower, leaf, stem, root) to accomplish a goal.
- Make a variety of herbal health products.
- Explore culinary uses of herbs.
- Plan an herbal garden