Org Soils, Nutrients, Compost
Course Number: 10090139
10-090-139 ORG SOILS, NUTRIENTS, COMPOST... Healthy soil is the foundation of sustainable farming and gardening. Build robust soil through organic matter, cultivating beneficial microorganisms, and nutrient cycling. Explore composting techniques and organic fertilizer sources.
Course Typically Offered
- Characterize soil physical and chemical properties.
- Summarize plant nutrients found in soil.
- Measure soil quality.
- Submit soil for testing & interpret results.
- Examine soil biological life.
- Explore organic fertilizers and amendments.
- Summarize composting methods.
- Outline soil conservation measures.
- Complete the soils section of the organic certification paperwork.