Sustainable Ag: Issues & Practices
Course Number: 10090111
10-090-111 SUSTAINABLE AG: ISSUES & PRACTICES ...use critical thinking skills to compare organic and sustainable agricultural practices with industrial agriculture. Explore food production issues including antibiotics, herbicides, hormones, GMOs, animal welfare, crop yields, nutrients, and pollution.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Compare Organic Agriculture, Sustainable & conventional agriculture
- Investigate organic soils and land access issues
- Debate current issues in GMO seed use
- Explore plant management practices and issues
- Compare organic animal stewardship to conventional management.
- Outline issues related to hunger, social justice, worker rights, farm prices, climate change
- Review National Organic Program (NOP) certification