Course Number: 10090115
10-090-115 AQUACULTURE/AQUAPONICS ...investigate hydroponic plant growing and fish farming operations; designs, suitable species, maintenance, costs efficiencies and yields. Plan a system, develop a budget, explore markets, trends, and analyze benefits and obstacles in this business.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Compare farming in water to farming on land.
- Describe the biology of aquatic species including fish, plants & bacteria for a system.
- Explore the physical farming systems & setups in aquaculture & aquaponics.
- Navigate the water quality requirements and issues in aquaculture/ponics.
- Evaluate the potential of various aquatic species for farming enterprises.
- Evaluate the potential for a business in aquaponics or aquaculture.
- Reflect on balancing the ecology of water/land/animal care with the need to feed human populations in a cost effective way.