Cheese Making & Fermentation
Course Number: 10090119
10-090-119 CHEESE MAKING & FERMENTATION ...practice the basics of cheese making and fermentation of beverages & food in this hands-on course. Eat what you make. Value the taste, nutrition, and quality of hand-crafted foods.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Outline the history of cheese making and fermentation.
- Chart the process of fermentation and follow recipes based on the processes.
- Explain the nutritional benefits of fermentation.
- Identify & use cheese making equipment .
- Use safe food handling procedures.
- Make lacto-fermented foods including vegetables.
- Make soft cheeses.
- Make hard cheeses.
- Make fermented beverages.