Disability Services

Home » Student Experience » Disability Services
At NWTC, we are committed to providing equal access to all students. If you have a documented disability – such as a learning or thinking difference, medical condition, or temporary disability such as a broken arm, surgery recovery, or pregnancy – Disability Services staff can help you soar higher through support and reasonable accommodations.

Assistance is available to all students with disabilities at all NWTC locations. That means you could be a dual credit student taking NWTC classes in high school, a recent high school grad just starting out at NWTC, a returning student, or a military veteran.  

You may be eligible for reasonable accommodations. We encourage you to reach out to Disability Services and provide proper documentation.  

What qualifies as a documented disability?

Examples of documented disabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Autism spectrum disorders 
  • Learning disabilities 
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) 
  • Blind or visually impaired 
  • Deaf or hard of hearing 
  • Anxiety disorders 
  • Depression 
  • Bipolar disorder 
  • Orthopedically impaired 
  • Speech impaired 
  • Chronic medical conditions
  • Short term medical injuries
  • Pregnancies

What accommodations are available?

If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for reasonable accommodations that are tailored to you and your specific situation. The accommodations are designed to give you the same opportunity to succeed at NWTC as students who do not have disabilities.  

Based on your needs and the classes you are taking your case manager will set up accommodations for you. Reasonable accommodations could include: 

  • Extended time on exams 
  • Note taking 
  • Alternative format textbooks 
  • Scribes 
  • Reduced distraction testing environment 
  • Magnifiers 
  • Sign language interpreters 
  • Calculators 
  • Tests converted to audio 
  • Frequency modulation system 
  • Enlarged print materials 
  • Accessible workstations 
  • Electronic stethoscopes 
  • Digital audio recorders 
  • Ergonomic keyboards 
  • Closed captioned videos/DVD

How do I receive accommodations?

1. Register for classes.

Knowing what classes you’re taking is part of figuring out which accommodations are available and most helpful.

2. Provide proper documentation. 

Gather documentation of your disability and how it affects your ability to learn. Submit the proper documentation to the Disability Services Office. You may submit documentation in any of the following ways:

  • Email  
  • Mail 
  • Fax 
  • In Person

3. Meet with your Disability Services case manager 

During the appointment, you and your case manager will discuss your education plans, your disability, as well as any successes or problems you may have experienced in previous educational settings.  

Schedule an appointment with a case manager.

Before meeting with a Case Manager submit the following information:

  • Psychological evaluations
  • Individualized education plans (IEP)
  • Medical records

Are you a current high school student? 

See how our Disability Services case managers can help you.

Are service animals welcome?

Students or visitors who have disabilities and who have service animals can participate in district services, programs and activities. The College does not discriminate based on disability as identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Students utilizing service animals are encouraged to register with Disability Services. If you have questions, please contact Disability Services at 920-498-6904

Green Bay Office Hours 

Green Bay Campus | Student Center | Room SC229

  • Monday - Thursday:  7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
  • Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.