Value Added Foods
Course Number: 10090140
10-090-140 VALUE ADDED FOODS... Food preservation and value-added processing. Explore the rich variety of food preservation methods. Discover how to turn the bounty from your garden, orchard and land into foods you can sell at a premium because you have added value through minimal, safe, processing methods and unique recipes.
Course Typically Offered
- Compare value added products & businesses.
- Comply with regulations and standards that apply to food safety & sales.
- Asses a kitchen for food safety compliance.
- Can vegetables, fruits, meats.
- Make salsa suitable for commercial sale.
- jam - needs to be deleted
- Preserve foods by using a solar dryer or dehydrator.
- Freeze vegetables.
- Evaluate baked goods for sale under the "cookie bill" standards.
- Model a value added product or home/farm business enterprise.