English Language Learners (ELL)
We teach the English language to people from around the world.
Learn English skills including reading, vocabulary, grammar, speaking, listening, pronunciation, work skills, computer skills, writing, culture, and civics.
About Our Classes
- All ELL classes are FREE!
- We offer morning and evening classes at Literacy Green Bay and the NWTC Green Bay Campus. There are online and in-person options.
- NEW for SUMMER 2022! In-person morning class at NWTC Luxemburg.
- Our instructors are experienced in teaching and in cultural diversity.
- NWTC also offers classes tailored to companies' and workers' needs.
The English Language Learners (ELL) program at NWTC began off-campus in the early 1970s with an influx of Vietnamese refugees. More Southeast Asians came to the Green Bay community in the 1970s and 1980s. The Hmong and Laotians arrived as refugees, and the ELL population grew rapidly. Hispanics began settling in the area in the early 1990s.
Learn English and Study for a Career
Students can start college while learning English with our Career Pathways Bridge programs.