Sustainable Ag & Food Business
Course Number: 10090134
10-090-134 SUSTAINABLE AG & FOOD BUSINESS ...define your goals. Research expenses and potential income for a small food-related enterprise. Outline a budget. Compare markets. Develop a brand identity. Review financial terminology. Draft a business plan. (Prerequisite: Accepted into Sustainable Food & Ag Systems or Sustainable Ag certificate)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Set business goals.
- Inventory personal resources and entrepreneurial readiness.
- Explain farm finance and business terminology.
- Evaluate farm enterprises and profitability.
- Create a plan for tracking necessary data and information.
- Outline sales and marketing practices.
- Review financing options for small farms and food business.
- Draft a business plan.
- Connect with regional resources to help you realize your farm or business plan.