Professional Sales - Technical Diploma
Professional salespeople understand that approach strategies, determining needs, presenting solutions, negotiating concerns and closing the sale are all essential steps of the selling process. Additionally, adhering to the highest of ethical standards is an essential part of becoming a sales professional. Graduates with this technical diploma can work in the areas of business to business, business to consumer, or business to government sales. Grads can work as field sales representatives, sales support, and inside or outside sales people. Additionally, entrepreneurs who understand how to sell have a distinct advantage within their industry. All credits from this technical diploma may be applied to the Marketing-Professional Sales Emphasis associate degree.
Program Costs & Financial Aid
Tuition: $4,763, Books: $130, Supplies: $0
Follow Your Path
All credits from this technical diploma apply toward the following associate degree(s):
All credits from the following certificate(s) apply toward this technical diploma:
Professional Sales, 9010412
8 Week Advantage: This is an 8 Week Advantage program.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at email@example.com or 920-498-5444.
What will I learn?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Professional Sales technical diploma in the number of semesters shown.
- Curriculum Note: The credit for 10-890-101, College 101 is an Institutional Requirement for graduation. Consequently, it is not part of the program requirements, but must be passed with a C or better.
- Evaluate customer needs.
- Determine appropriate product/service solutions.
- Create effective sales presentations.
- Uncover and handle objections.
- Develop closing strategies.
- Provide customer service to build long-lasting relationships.
What careers are in my future?
A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- Professional Sales Representative: evaluates customer needs, determines solutions, creates and delivers sales presentations, overcomes objections and provides excellent customer service that builds long-lasting relationships.
- Marketing Assistant: assists department head by performing similar duties; directs and coordinates department activities and functions in commercial, industrial, or service establishments; reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives; confers with supervisory personnel; and performs administrative tasks such as pricing schedules.
- Social Media Coordinator: develops, implements, and coordinates social media initiatives that align with a business or organization's marketing and promotional objectives.
- Sales Promotion Coordinator: develops a calendar of promotional events, analyzes media utilization, reviews media rates and cost effectiveness, performs follow-up detail work on promotion implementation, coordinates internal communication, and develops internal promotional support material.
- Market Research Assistant: researches market conditions to determine potential sales of products or service, examines and assists in analyzing data to determine marketing strategy related to marketing trends; prepares reports and graphic illustrations of findings.
- Customer Service Representative: initiates follow-up work with current customers, processes and tracks customer orders, acts as an internal contact for customer inquiries as well as a liaison to field sales organizations, and uses telecommunications skills extensively.
- Digital Marketing Specialist: develops, implements, coordinates, measures and evaluates digital marketing efforts.
Employment opportunities with additional education
- Business Owner
- Customer Service Manager
- Insurance or Financial Services Agent
- Marketing Director
- Promotions Manager
- Real Estate Agent
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Information Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Media Buyer
What else do I need to know about the program?
- It is recommended that courses be taken in the order listed.
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor or visit nwtc.edu/studyabroad.