Small Business Bookkeeping - Certificate
This certificate is designed for the person seeking new or additional training in the area of managing the accounting records for a small business. All credits from this certificate may be applied toward the Accounting associate degree or the Accounting Assistant technical diploma.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Enroll in classes.
What will I learn?
What else do I need to know about the program?
- Enrollment in some courses requires an Academic Skills Assessment (Compass) with appropriate benchmark scores. See course descriptions for detail; equivalent assessment scores are acceptable. To learn more about these assessments and benchmark scores, please contact a counselor at (920) 498-5444 or (888) 385-6982.
- Students who plan to ladder to Accounting Assistant should enroll in 10-101-189 Accounting Applying Quickbooks.
- Students who plan to ladder to the Accounting Associate Degree should enroll in 10-105-101 Career Planning during the first 2 semesters.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.