Customer Support Specialist - Certificate
Prepare to work in a business environment by learning general office and customer service skills. All courses in this certificate may be applied toward the Office Management associate degree program or Office Support Specialist technical diploma.
Follow Your Path
All credits in this certificate apply toward the following associate degree(s):
Office Management, 101069
All credits in this certificate apply toward the following technical diploma(s):
Office Support Specialist, 311068
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at email@example.com or 920-498-5444.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Customer Support Specialist Pathway Certificate in the number of semesters shown.
- Develop a professional image.
- Use word processing features
- Use spreadsheet features.
- Understand office technology.
- Learn effective customer contact skills.
- Use e-mail and calendaring tools effectively.
What else do I need to know about the program?
Defy expectations and follow your passion
Dream jobs have nothing to do with gender. Discover the benefits of nontraditional occupations.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.