Event Management - Associate Degree
Event management is a fast paced, challenging and rewarding profession. Employment is across industry sectors, such as manufacturing, non-profit, hospitality, information technology, healthcare, retail, or government. Students learn invaluable skills in planning successful meetings and events, marketing through social media, contracts, negotiation, project management, partnership development, fundraising and so much more! As a graduate of the Event Management program you will be prepared for employment as a meeting and travel planner, event manager, sporting event manager, wedding planner, meeting services manager, event marketing coordinator, festival event manager, fundraising coordinator, conference and tradeshow planner, and catering coordinator.
Follow Your Path
All credits from the following certificate(s) apply toward this associate degree:
Customer Service, 901049
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at email@example.com or 920-498-5444.
What will I learn?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Event Management associate degree in the number of semesters shown.
- Curriculum Note: The credit for 10-890-101, College 101 is an Institutional Requirement for graduation. Consequently, it is not part of the program requirements, but must be passed with a C or better.
- Apply project management strategies to a meeting or event.
- Manage financial resources.
- Design a meeting or event.
- Promote a meeting or event.
- Manage risk management plan.
What careers are in my future?
A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- Conference and Travel Service Managers
- Convention and Visitors Bureau Specialist
- Convention / Event Sales & Service
- Corporate Meeting and Events Manager
- Destination Specialist / Wedding Planner
- Event Assistant / Coordinator
- Exposition and Events Planner
- Marketing and Special Event Manager
- Meeting Planner / Coordinator
What's next after graduation?
Start here. Finish at a four-year.
NWTC transfer programs are offered through collaborative agreements with our four-year college and university partners. See where your associate degree credits will transfer.
What else do I need to know about the program?
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor or visit nwtc.edu/studyabroad.