• Students who choose to take Physics, Calculus and Chemistry courses at other higher education institutions must be aware of prerequisite requirements and must meet with the Academic Advisor of Manufacturing Engineering Technology prior to course entry.
• Students should have an aptitude for science and mathematics. Students should take as many upper level math and science courses in high school as possible, including algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, physics and chemistry.
• Students must have an acceptable Academic Skills Assessment College Math score (63 or higher) or equivalent assessment, or have completed or tested out of 10-804-118, Intermediate Algebra w Apps, before taking the following first semester program courses: 10-623-170, Engineering Materials 10-804-197, College Algebra & Trig w Apps, 10-806-135, College Chemistry.
• Students must have completed one year of high school Chemistry (with lab component) within the past five years with a "B" or better, OR 10-806-134, General Chemistry, before taking first semester course, 10-806-135, College Chemistry.
• Students will also need to have mastered basic computer skills in Windows, Word and Excel including file creation and management.
• Students must have experience with manual drafting or sketching or need to take 10-614-113, 2D Essentials prior to or concurrent with 10-606-116, CAD-Intro.
Study Abroad Opportunities
• The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor or visit NWTC.edu/studyabroad.