- Online: Watch recorded lectures anywhere and attend in person labs (staffed with instructors) days, nights or Saturdays in our Engineering Technology Center.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- 1. Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- 2. Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the certificate in the number of semesters shown.
- 10660116 - Introduction to AC/DC 2
- 10664100 - Automation 1: Control Logic 1
- 10664101 - Automation 2: Motor Control 1
- 10664102 - Automation 3: PLC 1
- 10664103 - Automation 4: PLC 1
- 10664104 - Automation 5: PLC 1
- 10605157 - Power Electronics 1: Drives 1
- 10620100 - Fluids 1: Basic Pneumatics 1
- 10620101 - Fluids 2: Basic Hydraulics 1
- 10620105 - Rigging Systems 1 1
- 10620121 - Mechanical Systems 1 1
- 10620144 - Basic Mechanics 1
- 10664170 - Safety Devices and Application 1
- 10620161 - Power Electricity 1: Motors 1
Total Credits 15
- Troubleshoot industrial machinery utilizing basic skills in PLC’s, drives, motors, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.