Shipbuilder Welder Apprenticeship
Entry level shipbuilders at Fincantieri Marinette Marine operate industrial, production related equipment, work with manufacturing related tools, and perform work processes related to the shipbuilding settings.
This apprenticeship training program combines on-the-job learning with related instruction in a classroom to prepare apprentices for journey level work after they complete the program.
- 1 1/2 years
- 2653 hours on-the-job training
- 447 hours paid related instruction
- Additional related instruction may be required
What will I learn?
Your training and instruction will cover nearly every facet of manufacturing, including:
- Safe set up and operation of machinery and production equipment
- Reading blueprints
- Understanding processes
- Conducting measurement and inspections
- Deeper understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
To obtain the completion credential, apprentices must successfully complete courses in:
- Industrial math
- Industrial communications
- Manufacturing technology systems and processes
- Industrial blueprint reading
- OSHA 10
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.