How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
The Weld Inspection Certificate prepares students to take the American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector exam. Students will understand destructive and nondestructive methods used to inspect weldments as determined by required code. To complete the CWI certification one needs a combination of 5 years welding education and experience.
What else do I need to know about the program?
- With additional education and/or work experience, certificate holders may find other opportunities for employment as:
- Certified Weld Inspectors.
- State Registered Welder.
- Certified Welder.
- This course requires the purchase of the most current version of the AWS D1.1 Code. Please check with the NWTC Bookstore for pricing.
This certificate will prepare learners to take the AWS / Certified Weld Inspector Examination.
Defy expectations and follow your passion
Dream jobs have nothing to do with gender. Discover the benefits of nontraditional occupations.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.