Industrial Pipefitter Apprenticeship
Industrial pipefitters install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment; and assemble, install or maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, or related hydraulic or pneumatic equipment.
- 4 years
- 576 hours paid related instruction
- 7,424 hours on-the-job training
- Additional training:
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- 8 hours of Transition to Trainer
What will I learn?
Your training and instruction will cover:
- Positioning equipment using hand tools, power tools, or heavy equipment
- Adjusting the tension of nuts or bolts
- Aligning equipment or machinery
- Leveling machines or equipment
- Assembling mechanical components or machine parts
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.