How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- 1. Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- 2. Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
The Mechanical Drafting Certificate is designed for a person seeking to build upon their CAD skills with additional capabilities in mechanical design and drafting. The certificate comprises 14 credits that may be applied toward the Mechanical Design Technology program.
- 10606116 - CAD-Intro 1
- 10606160 - Solidworks Fundamentals 1
- 10606119 - Sketching-Technical 2
- 10606211 - Mech AutoCAD Fundamentals 2
- 10606106 - SolidWorks Intermediate 2
- 10606107 - 3D Modeling with Inventor 1
- 10606168 - Large Model Management 1
- 10606128 - Fabrication Design 2
- 10606129 - Assembly Design 2
What else do I need to know about the program?
- Please note that enrollment in some courses requires an Academic Skills Assessment (Accuplacer) with appropriate benchmark scores. See course descriptions for detail; equivalent assessment scores are acceptable. To learn more about these assessments and benchmark scores, please contact an advisor at (920) 498-5444 or (888) 385-6982.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.