Awards & Disbursement
All students can view their aid on their my.NWTC once the award notification has been emailed. Before that time your my.NWTC account will say the award is not available. Awards for the upcoming academic year are not sent until spring.
You can accept/decline your award by signing into your my.NWTC account:
Click here for step by step instructions with screen shots!
Go to www.nwtc.edu and click on the my.NWTC link.
Login using your student ID number and password.
Under the Finances section of your Student Center you will find the Financial Aid menus.
Click on the View Financial Aid item and select the appropriate aid year.
Accept or decline your award.
- A confirmation will appear that indicates your submission was successful.
- To accept a lesser loan amount, check the accept box and enter the amount you wish to accept. Click on submit after making all changes.
Grants are automatically accepted for you. It is not necessary to accept scholarships, tribal funding, or outside agency funding.
You must be enrolled for at least 6 credits (half-time) for most types of financial aid.
(If you are not registered for classes when awarded your award will be calculated assuming full time enrollment. See Enrollment Changes for more information.)
Report all outside scholarships or other educational funding you are eligible to receive to the Financial Aid Office by e-mail at email@example.com .
Be sure to review all information related to financial aid eligibility and the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
- Complete Loan Requirements If you are a first time borrower, new to NWTC or it has been several years since you have borrowed, go to this link in order to complete the required steps.
- Enrollment Changes Not sure whether or not you will be full time, part time or dropping credits? This link will provide you with some helpful information.
- Book Voucher If possible, you will want to purchase your books ahead of time so that you are ready to start the semester. Go here to find out how.
- NWTC Refund Selection Packet. Select your refund preference using BankMobile.
It is your responsibility to have funds to cover your expenses until your financial aid is available during your enrollment period.
If you have been awarded financial aid and have completed all the requirements to receive your funds, the Financial Aid Office will begin processing financial aid disbursements the day after Census Date*. Your financial aid funds will disburse based on the number of credits you are registered for at the time of disbursement. If you add/drop classes after your aid disburses, it could affect your eligibility for aid or you may owe money back to the College. If you make changes to your schedule that result in you having fewer credits than on the day your aid was disbursed, you may owe money back to the College.
All financial aid funds received will be applied to your student account to pay on tuition, fees, and books (if applicable). If you have remaining financial aid, a refund will be processed and delivered according to the refund preference that you have selected through BankMobile Disbursements. The Student Finance Office makes every effort to process refunds within 10 business days of the date the financial aid was posted to your student account.
- If you do not plan to attend a class, you must officially drop from that class as charges will be assessed to your account even if you do not attend. Dropping classes can result in a Financial Aid repayment, so please contact the Financial Aid Office before adjusting your schedule.
- Loan Requirements, Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling, must be completed in order for NWTC to receive your loan funds.
- Grades of NS (No Show), F, W are not financial aid eligible.
- Outstanding To-Do Items will hold up your disbursement. Be sure you do not have any outstanding To-Do Items for the summer semester.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress for your aid to disburse.
*Census Date is the date in which your Pell grant is “locked in” to the number of credits you are enrolled in, which is always two weeks after the semester begins. The Census Date is a requirement of the Department of Education.
Next Step: Summer