Fly smoothly to graduation
Get help with academic planning, goal setting, class selection, and graduation requirements. Academic advisors can answer your questions and direct you to helpful resources – like study assistance for those tough classes.
Throughout your NWTC journey, your academic advisor will work with you to:
- Discuss academic and graduation requirements.
- Describe what you’ll learn in an academic program and potential careers for your future.
- Help you choose which courses to take and in what order.
- Assist with financial aid and credit transfer.
- Clarify college policies and procedures.
- Connect you to other campus services as needed.
Connect with your advisor
Once you've been officially admitted to NWTC and completed SOAR Online, it's time to meet with your academic advisor and register for classes!
Your advisor can help you create your class schedule, read your interactive degree audit, and register for courses quickly and easily through your my.NWTC account.
To find your advisor:
Log into Starfish, and you will see your success network (a group of NWTC instructors and staff who are here to help you). Look for the person listed as academic advisor.
To schedule a virtual meeting:
After finding your academic advisor in your success network, click on the three blue dots next to the advisor's name and title. Click on "schedule."