Financial Aid Pell Recalculation Date
The Pell Recalculation Date (sometimes referred to as the census date) is a date in the semester when the Financial Aid Office is required to evaluate your Federal Pell Grant eligibility based on your current enrollment status. If the Pell Grant you were offered does not match with your current enrollment status, your financial aid offer must be adjusted.
- All offer amounts listed in my.NWTC portal are subject to change.
- If you were not yet enrolled for the semester at the time of your initial financial aid offer, the offer is based on an assumed full-time enrollment status.
Pell Recalculation Date
- Summer 2023- Monday, June 26th, 2023
- Fall 2023- Monday, August 28th, 2023
- Spring 2024- Tuesday, January 30th, 2024
- Summer 2024- Monday, June 24th, 2024
After the Pell Recalculation Date
Any classes added after the Pell Recalculation Date will not count towards your Federal Pell Grant eligibility, regardless of the start date for the class. If you drop, withdraw from, or do not attend classes that you were registered for, your financial aid package may be adjusted in the following situations.
- If funding has already disbursed, you may be required to repay your financial aid.
- If funding has not yet disbursed and:
- your enrollment decreases to less than 6 credits, any loans you were offered will not disburse.
- your financial aid package contains any state grants, your offer may be reevaluated, depending on the grant.
- your financial aid package contains a Pell Grant, your offer will be reevaluated to determine your eligibility.