Photography - Associate Degree
A photography program graduate will be prepared for a variety of photography careers. They will be skilled in the latest lighting, software, output, and digital photography technologies necessary to succeed in this creative profession. Our program will provide them with the branding and business skills necessary to succeed in the field of photography. Career choices include portrait and wedding photographer, real estate photographer, commercial photographer, photojournalist, staff photographer, sport and event photographer.
Prepare for a variety of photography careers with this new associate degree program. You'll learn techniques to take your photos to the next level – including lighting and composition – plus skills relating to business practices, online media design, content creation, marketing, branding, and more.
Follow Your Path
All credits from the following technical diploma and/or certificate(s) apply toward this associate degree program:
Photography Specialist, 312031
Photography Fundamentals, 902031
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at email@example.com or 920-498-5444.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Digital Photography technical diploma in the number of semesters shown.
8 Week 1
8 Week 1
8 Week 1
- Curriculum Note: The credit for 10-890-101, College 101 is an Institutional Requirement for graduation. Consequently, it is not part of the program requirements, but must be passed with a C or better.
- Apply the principles of design and storytelling to develop media products and services.
- Develop proficiency in the use of media software, tools and technology.
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion.
- Communicate creative rationale in formal and informal settings.
- Implement project management skills to meet customer and market demands.
- Apply effective and ethical business practices.
What careers are in my future?
A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- Portrait and Wedding Photographer
- Real Estate Photographer
- Commercial Photographer or photojournalist
- Staff Photographer
- Sport and Event Photographer
- Product Photographer
- Digital Artist and Fine Art Photographer
What's next after graduation?
Start here. Finish at a four-year.
NWTC transfer programs are offered through collaborative agreements with our four-year college and university partners. See where your associate degree credits will transfer.
What else do I need to know about the program?
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.