Course Number: 10111101
10-111-101 PHOTOSHOP FUNDAMENTALS ...Photoshop is the essential tool for digital image manipulation in graphic design, web design, and photography. Students develop technical skills in solving visual design and production problems. Instruction covers Photoshop’s vast array of tools, filters, and procedures including workspace basics, image resizing, output preparation, layer management, selection strategies, editing and adjustment basics, composites, filters, and effects. A portfolio of digitally generated and manipulated images is completed to demonstrate course competencies and learning objectives have been met.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Construct output files according to industry requirements for use online and in print.
- Handle layer and smart object functions
- Construct multi-image composite
- Demonstrate image healing and retouching
- Explore color profiles and channels
- Create layer masks through image element selection functions
- Explore Adobe Photoshop effects, filters and interface menus
- Create design elements using Photoshop Tools
- Perform non-destructive edits to raster images