Course Number: 10101106
10-101-106 ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES ...this course provides the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the accounting cycle, recording business transactions, preparations of the financial statements, financial statement analysis, accrual accounting, accounting for cash and internal controls, and payroll.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Analyze accounting transactions
- Journalize business transactions using the double entry framework
- Complete the trial balance
- Post transactions to the general ledger
- Prepare adjusting entries
- Prepare financial statements
- Complete the closing process
- Explain various limitations and considerations in financial statement analysis
- Account for cash and internal controls
- Complete the payroll process
- Account for employer payroll taxes