Certificate Completers will be able to
• Communicate within the greenhouse industry.
• Prepare soil media for optimum plant performance.
• Seed and propagate plants from cuttings.
• Describe plant functions concerning germination, vegetative growth and flowering as it relates to reproduction.
• Understand the effect of all cultural, chemical, and environmental processes on greenhouse crops.
• Identify all major insects, understand their life cycles, and recommend control measures.
• Identify major disease organisms and apply the most effective prevention and eradication measures available.
• Maintain the proper greenhouse environment concerning light, temperature, and humidity.
Completers will be able to apply credits toward the following programs:
• 100014, Landscape Horticulture