Calf and Heifer Care - Certificate
Discover the basic skills needed to become an effective member of the Calf Care Team on a dairy facility. Learn about key management techniques to provide the best environment (low stress handling, nutrition, health) for optimum calf/heifer growth and performance.
Program Code: 900904 New at NWTC
Area of Study: Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the certificate in the number of semesters shown.
Total Credits 12
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.