Organic Vegetable Farm Manager Apprenticeship
Are you interested in a long-term career in organic farming? Gain the knowledge and skills you need with the Organic Vegetable Farm Manager Apprenticeship.
As an apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced farmer to learn what it takes to run a successful farm business. The apprenticeship provides paid, on-the-job training and classroom instruction.
Area of Study: Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources, Manufacturing
- 2 growing seasons
- On-the-job training
- 144 hours paid related instruction
- Additional related instruction may be required
What will I learn?
Your training and instruction will cover all aspects of managing organic vegetable production – including planting, cultivating, harvesting, and marketing.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.