The Farm Business and Production Management Technical Diploma is a six-year, part-time program. Upon graduation, a student will have completed 24 credits.
30-090-387 FARM RECORD/BUSINESS ANALYSIS ...Farm Business mission, objectives, goals, use of farm credit, farm business arrangements, orderly farm transfer, farm estate planning, farm income tax preparation, computer records and farm business analysis.
30-090-388 CROP MANAGEMENT ...economics, alternative crop strategies, production management, variety selection, maintenance fertilization, pest controls and weed chemicals, harvesting, storage, marketing and farm business analysis, specialty crops, government programs and developing crop budgets.
30-090-391 LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT ...livestock selection, breeding management, herd health, young stock management, selection, operation and maintenance of milking, feeding, ventilation and manure handling systems, farm buildings, feed storage and farm business analysis.
30-090-392 LIVESTOCK NUTRITION ...nutritional terminology feeding management, economics of feeds, nutritional terminology requirements for maintenance, estimating feed consumption, feed tag labels for protein, energy, minerals and vitamins, evaluate feeding programs and metabolic diseases.
30-090-393 SOIL MANAGEMENT ...preparing and implementing a land use plan, soil testing procedures and reports, corrective fertilizers, soil conservation, tillage operations, nutrient management plan and implementations.
30-090-394 FARM BUSINESS OPERATION ...farm organization, budgeting, cash flow, financial statements, record keeping systems, tax issues, business structure for farm operation, credit needs, farm business analysis, farm safety, employee management, marketing plan.
• Calculate farm business cost of production for forage, grain, beef, pork, and milk
• Prepare and assess a livestock management plan that is environmentally friendly
• Prepare and assess a business financial plan
• Develop and assess a soil and crop management plan that is environmentally friendly
• Own, operate, and/or be employed in an agriculture-related industr.
• Implement a business, soil, crop, and livestock management plan that is environmentally friendly