Course Number: 30090392
30-090-392 LIVESTOCK NUTRITION ...nutritional terminology feeding management, economics of feeds, nutritional terminology requirements for maintenance, estimating feed consumption, feed tag labels for protein, energy, minerals and vitamins, evaluate feeding programs and metabolic diseases.
Course Typically Offered
- Utilize a forage testing program for a farm operation.
- Indentify factors affecting feedstuff quality
- Determine your feed cost to produce 100 lbs. of milk.
- Identify parts and associate functions of the digestive tracts of a ruminant and non-ruminant.
- Calculate the nutrient requirements of a dairy cow and determine how they vary with state of lactation.
- Distinguish essential feed nutrients.
- Balance a ration for a lactating dairy cow.
- Evaluate a ration with the use of guidelines.
- Describe the factors affecting dry matter intake
- Calculate the cost of dairy ration
- Choose an appropriate feeding system
- Plan a dairy replacement nutrition program
- Develop a body scoring program for your operation.
- Define a dairy steer feeding program
- Conduct a farm business analysis.