Course Number: 30-090-393
30-090-393 SOIL MANAGEMENT ...preparing and implementing a land use plan, soil testing procedures and reports, corrective fertilizers, soil conservation, tillage operations, nutrient management plan and implementations.
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Recognize the importance and benefits of a land management plan.
- Determine which regulations apply to their type of farm operation.
- Properly sample soil and manure for current analysis.
- Assess soil fertility needs based on test results and crop production needs.
- Explain how soil stores nutrients and plants absorb them.
- Determine the most economical means of allocating and handling manure.
- Distinguish between the different soil amendments and select the best ones to meet their needs.
- Calculate simple fertilizer blends.
- Determine the cost / unit, and economic benefit of each soil amendment.
- Manage soil moisture problems.
- Implement soil conserving practices.
- Develop a long range environmentally friendly land use plan.
- Recognize the importance of good public relations and develop a program to support that interest as well as encourage safety and wellness in your community.
- Objectively evaluate their farm business operation using internal records analysis.