If you are struggling in any course, please contact a counselor or advisor as soon as possible to learn of the many ways NWTC can help you succeed. We are here to help!
How it Works
You may exchange classes through Enrollment Services. Exchanges made prior to the start of the class will receive credit for 100% of class fees dropped. The new class will be charged at 100% tuition and fees.
If you drop from one course and add another during the first 14 calendar days of the fall or spring term (or first seven calendar days of summer term) you will receive credit for 100% of class fees dropped which must be applied to the class added. Addition and drop of classes involved must occur on the same day.
- If the applicable class fees for the course added exceed the fees for the course dropped, you will be assessed the additional amount.
- If the applicable class fees for the course dropped exceed the fees for the course added, you will be issued a refund.
- Even Exchange Policy is not in effect if you are placed on the waitlist for the added class.
If you drop from one course and add another after 14 calendar days of the fall or spring term (or after seven calendar days of the summer term), Even Exchanges will only be considered between classes with the same catalog number.
- Classes with different catalog numbers will not be even exchanged. Drops will be refunded according to WTCS policy. The added class will be charged at 100% of tuition and fees.
- Addition and drop of classes involved must occur on the same day.
- The Even Exchange Policy is not in effect when the student is placed on the waitlist for the added class.
- If adding a TCA or NET (Online) classes and if open for enrollment, instructor signature is not required.
- An exception will be granted for Prepared Learning courses when the student re-enrolls in the recommended course.
Any extenuating circumstances to the above must be approved by the Dean for the department offering the course.
Classes exchanged due to a college error or institution correction will be reimbursed at 100% to the student.
Add or Exchange Procedure
You must use the Request to Add/Exchange form when adding or exchanging classes after 14 calendar days of the fall or spring term (or after 7 calendar days of the summer term).
- You need to print the form and complete ALL information.
- You take the form to the instructor(s) for his/her signature.
- If approved, each class instructor signs and dates the form. (If the request is denied, the instructor does not have to sign the form.)
- If approved, you return the form to the Enrollment Services\Welcome Center or mail it to NWTC, Attn: Enrollment Specialist, PO Box 19042, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042
- Staff processes the request, issues a new class schedule, and signs and dates form. The Add/Exchange form will be scanned into the your file.
- You retain the class schedule as confirmation.