Would you like...
- a high starting salary?
- more advancement opportunities?
- great employee benefits?
- a job that is satisfying and challenging?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, consider a Non-Traditional Occupation.
A non-traditional occupation is defined as an occupation that employs 25% or less of a specific gender.
Breaking free of traditional career paths can result in...
- Greater job satisfaction
- More opportunities to live and work near your friends and family
- A great way to continue learning and trying new things
The NTO Coordinator is available to meet with you to discuss further exploration of NTO Programs. As a NTO Program student, you will have support through-out your academic career.
Find high-skilled, high paying career opportunities in technical, trade and health care programs. Talk to a career counselor or program advisor at NWTC to find the right career for you!
Examples of non-traditional programs for women:
- Apprenticeships in construction and industrial occupations
- Automotive Technician and Technology
- Auto Collision Repair and Refinishing Technician
- Architectural Technology
- Criminal Justice– Law Enforcement and Corrections
- Network Specialist-IT
- Computer Support Specialist-IT
- Landscape Horticulture
- Diesel Equipment Technology and Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technician
- Fire Protection Engineering Technology
- Wood Tech
- Prototype and Design
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Machine Tool Operation
Examples of non-traditional programs for men:
- Nursing (All programs)
- Administrative Professional
- Medical Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Dental Assistant or Dental Hygienist
- Jewelry Repair and Fabrication
- Health Information Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Surgical Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
Contact: Student Support Services
NWTC-Green Bay Student Center, Room SC140
Phone: (920) 498-6258 or
(800) 422-NWTC, ext. 6258