Area of Study: Business
Follow Your Path
All credits from this certificate apply toward the following associate degree(s):
Human Resources, 101161
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
- Articulate the various human resource challenges in operating in a global environment.
- Analyze legal recruiting and hiring practices.
- Analyze employment laws in the U.S. and their impact on employers and employees.
- Analyze Human Resource responsibilities in coordinating workplace policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Evaluate key legislation affecting employee rights.
- Evaluate laws affecting employee and labor relations.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.