Scholarships Need money for college? All students are strongly encouraged to apply for scholarships!
NWTC Foundation Scholarships
How to Apply
Complete one scholarship application through the NWTC Student Portal. The system will submit your information to all eligible scholarships - no need to search for and apply to specific scholarships!
When to apply
Applications accepted: March 1 - April 30
Awards are issued in June
Applications accepted: October 1 - November 5
Awards are issued in December
All applicants are notified via email.
- Review this document to get helpful tips on writing your scholarship application.
- Nervous about writing your essay? Download a guide to writing your essay! Visit the NWTC Writing Labs for additional support.
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Scholarships are for tuition/books/program fees.
- Scholarships are to be used when they are awarded—they will not carry over to the next term.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 5 credits for the full semester by the Pell Recalculation Date for that semester. Credits can be split between the two 8-week sessions any way you choose.
- If you are fully funded from another source (e.g. employer, WIOA, Veterans benefits, etc.), your scholarship will be awarded to the next qualified student with unmet financial need.
Contact Angie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-498-6931.
The band Metallica, universally acclaimed for rocking heavy metal music and spectacular performances, is also deeply committed to improving the lives of hard-working Americans. NWTC is thrilled to have been awarded $100,000 from Metallica’s All Within My Hands Foundation (AWMH). Up to 100 students are eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship towards programs in Health, Construction, Transportation, Human Services and Manufacturing fields!
This scholarship is available to students who have exhausted all other funding resources (Financial Aid, other scholarships) and have experienced a financial hardship. Have you applied for financial aid or experienced a financial hardship that may prevent you from enrolling in classes? Contact email@example.com
Business and Industry Partner Funding
The Xometry Scholarship Program was established to provide educational opportunities for individuals interested in pursuing advanced manufacturing or STEM careers.
Recipients receive a full ride to NWTC, along with a meaningful mentorship experience related to the advanced manufacturing industry.
- The full cost of tuition, plus funding for other expenses.
- Funding will cover the Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 semesters.
To be a Xometry scholarship recipient, an applicant must maintain a 2.0 GPA, be enrolled in a minimum of 11 credits, and get accepted to one of the programs below.
- Automation Engineering Technology Associate Degree
- Data Analytics Associate Degree
- Electrical Engineering Technology Associate Degree **
- Electro-Mechanical Technology Associate Degree
- Machine Tool - CNC Technician Technical Diploma **
- Machine Tool Operation Technical Diploma **
- Manufacturing Operations Management Associate Degree
- Mechanical Design Technology Associate Degree **
- Metal Fabrication Technical Diploma
- Prototype and Design Associate Degree
- Supply Chain Management Associate Degree **
- Welding Technical Diploma
This program is made possible through a partnership with Xometry, a global provider of on-demand manufacturing and industrial supply materials. Xometry is dedicated to funding causes that will drive the future of sustainable manufacturing.
** Preference given to these programs.
Schreiber Foods Scholarship
The Schreiber Multicultural Scholarship is intended to build a diverse pipeline of technical expertise, while providing access to education and mentorship to program students.
An eligible student may receive a grant of up to $12,000, for up to 65 credits, toward a two-year associate degree. Scholarship is awarded each semester (up to $3,000 each semester) based on the number of credits the student is enrolled in.
To be considered for the Schreiber Multicultural Scholarship you must:
- Be a current NWTC program student in one of the eligible programs or recent high school graduate from the past three years.
- Identify as Black/African American or part of the BIPOC community.
- Apply and become accepted for admission to one of the following NWTC programs: Manufacturing Operations Management, Business Management, or Electro-Mechanical Technology.
- Complete scholarship application via the NWTC website.
- Submit a one-page essay describing what one of the Schreiber Foods values mean to you.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Aid). This form helps to unlock federal, state, and local grants and other scholarships to help lower your cost of education.
- Participate in an event held jointly with Schreiber Foods and NWTC.
Funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Sarah Scharenbrock, NWTC Admissions Advisor
Paul's Pantry - Leo Frigo Memorial Scholarship
School can be expensive. The Leo Frigo Memorial Scholarship is available to eligible NWTC students to help with tuition costs. Scholarship award amounts vary each term based on student need. A committee will make the final decision on a student’s award.
To be eligible to apply, students must meet income guidelines and use (or be willing to use) Paul’s Pantry on a consistent basis.
You may be eligible for scholarship opportunities through other organizations. These scholarships are not administered by NWTC, and have their own guidelines and criteria. Learn more and apply.
Donate to Scholarships
Make a difference in the lives of our students. Create named and endowed scholarships, or contribute to the NWTC Scholarship fund.
Student Support Services
Student Support Services responds to student barriers by providing non-academic support and access to resources to help students succeed.