Promotions and Event Management - Certificate
The Promotions & Event Management Certificate is designed for people who plan, promote, and service meetings, conferences, conventions, entertainment, and other special events. Learners who complete this certificate may become consultants or obtain employment as meeting planners, marketing specialists, sales personnel, convention service managers and event coordinators in lodging and food service operations, casinos, visitor and convention bureaus, a Chamber of Commerce, and nonprofit organizations. Credits from this certificate may be applied toward the Marketing associate degree or the Digital Marketing technical diploma.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the certificate in the number of semesters shown.
- Conduct a conference or special event.
- Design a promotion plan.
- Implement promotional strategies.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.