How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at email@example.com or 920-498-5444.
What are my courses?
The Music Production certificate is designed for a person seeking skills in software music creation, music recording, music producing and distribution. The ever-increasing production of both audio and video content is requiring the need for legal production music. Composers and songwriters are recording record amounts of music to sell or license to outlets from local radio and TV stations to major Hollywood productions as well as in video game production. Freelance music production does not need to be centered near large media outlets as the web has created a worldwide distribution network allowing composers to work from virtually anywhere. The ability to record music in even a small home studio has become increasingly economical and can compete on a sound quality level with major recording studios for minimal investment.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.