Photography - Technical Diploma
As a Photography program graduate, you will be prepared for a variety of entry-level photography careers. You will be skilled in the latest digital technologies necessary to succeed. Career choices include portrait and wedding photographer, nature photographer, sport and event photographer, product photographer, digital artist and fine art photographer.
Program Costs & Financial Aid
Tuition: $4,505, Books: $162, Supplies: $525
Follow Your Path
All credits from the following certificate(s) apply toward this technical diploma:
Digital Photography, 902031
Digital Photography Advanced, 902032
8 Week Advantage: This is an 8 Week Advantage program.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to email@example.com
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-498-5444.
What will I learn?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Digital Photography technical diploma in the number of semesters shown.
- Curriculum Note: The credit for 10-890-101, College 101 is an Institutional Requirement for graduation. Consequently, it is not part of the program requirements, but must be passed with a C or better.
- Apply the principles of design and storytelling to develop media products and services.
- Develop proficiency in the use of media software, tools and technology.
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion.
- Communicate creative rationale in formal and informal settings.
- Implement project management skills to meet customer and market demands.
- Apply effective and ethical business practices.
What careers are in my future?
A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- Portrait Photographer
- Wedding Photographer
- Nature Photographer
- Sports Photographer
- Event Photographer
- Commercial Photographer
- Digital Imaging Specialist
- Digital Artist
- Freelance Photographer: initiates entrepreneurial work with self-established client base. Construct and direct a professional photo shoot driven by client requirements including image capturing. Specializes in one or two areas listed above.
What else do I need to know about the program?
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor or visit nwtc.edu/studyabroad.