Photography - Technical Diploma
The Photography program is designed for those who wish to pursue a career in photography as an entrepreneur or as an entry-level employee in a photography studio or marketing department. Students will develop skills and hands-on experience in digital still photography, image editing, studio and natural lighting, and photography business needs. Courses provide hands-on experience using the latest technologies, in studio and on location work, and live client opportunities. Career choices include portrait and wedding photographer, nature photographer, sport and event photographer, product photographer, digital artist and fine art photographer.
Follow Your Path
All credits from the following certificate(s) apply toward this technical diploma:
Photography Fundamentals, 902031
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to email@example.com
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-498-5444.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Digital Photography technical diploma in the number of semesters shown.
8 Week 1
- Curriculum Note: The credit for 10-890-101, College 101 is an Institutional Requirement for graduation. Consequently, it is not part of the program requirements, but must be passed with a C or better.
- Apply the principles of design and storytelling to develop media products and services.
- Develop proficiency in the use of media software, tools and technology.
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion.
- Communicate creative rationale in formal and informal settings.
- Implement project management skills to meet customer and market demands.
- Apply effective and ethical business practices.
What careers are in my future?
A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- Portrait Photographer
- Wedding Photographer
- Nature Photographer
- Sports Photographer
- Event Photographer
- Commercial Photographer
- Digital Imaging Specialist
- Digital Artist
- Freelance Photographer: initiates entrepreneurial work with self-established client base. Construct and direct a professional photo shoot driven by client requirements including image capturing. Specializes in one or two areas listed above.
What else do I need to know about the program?
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.