IT Technology Support Technician - Technical Diploma
Are you tired of tech troubles bringing your productivity to a halt? Enter the technology support technician! With their expertise and problem-solving skills, these tech-savvy professionals are the superheroes of the modern workplace, ready to swoop in and save the day when technology throws a curveball. From troubleshooting software and hardware issues to setting up and maintaining complex networks, the technology support technician is the go-to resource for keeping your technology running smoothly. So, if you're looking to ensure your tech stays up and running, look no further than the technology support technician!
Follow Your Path
All credits from this technical diploma apply toward the following associate degree(s):
IT Technology Support Specialist, 101543
Some credits from the following certificate(s) apply toward this technical diploma:
IT Technology Support, 901542
- Online: Some online courses may be delivered at specific times each week.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Submit high school, GED, or HSED transcripts and college transcripts (if applicable) to email@example.com
- Tip! Our admission advisors will assist you through every step. Have questions? Connect with NWTC Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-498-5444.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the IT Technology Support Technician Technical Diploma in the number of semesters shown.
8 Week 1
- Curriculum Note: The credit for 10-890-101, College 101 is an Institutional Requirement for graduation. Consequently, it is not part of the program requirements, but must be passed with a C.
- Provide entry level end user support
- Manage operating systems and application software
- Support information technology hardware
- Provide basic network support for existing network installations
What careers are in my future?
with 80% in field
Source: NWTC Graduate Outcome Survey
A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- IT Consultant: provides one-on-one problem solving for users.
- Computer Sales Representative: makes customer calls, establishes customer contacts, identifies customer needs, and prepares proposals.
Employment opportunities with additional education
- IT Trainer
- Network Assistant
- Computer Support Certifications such as, A+, Security +, Project+, CI3, HDI Desktop Support Specialist, HDI Support Center Analyst, Microsoft Certified Professional
What else do I need to know about the program?
With additional education students may obtain Technology Support Certifications such as, A+, Security +, Project+, CI3, HDI Desktop Support Specialist, HDI Support Center Analyst, Microsoft Certified Professional.
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses.
Defy expectations and follow your passion
Dream jobs have nothing to do with gender. Discover the benefits of nontraditional occupations.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.