Caregiver Background Check
Caregiver background check includes the review of criminal records for convictions of serious crimes or a history of improper behavior. Students enrolled in the following programs at NWTC must complete a background check via the DCF Child Care Provider Portal:
Early Childhood Associate Degree Program
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher Technical Diploma
Complete this form to begin the process and return it to Stacey Felton via email email@example.com, fax it to 920-491-2660, or mail to: NWTC, Attn: Stacey Felton, Room HS310, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54303.
Child Care Health Report
Health Report is mandatory for all caregivers in the state of Wisconsin.
Functional Ability Checklist
New program students must complete this functional ability checklist prior to beginning their program and practicum student teaching experiences. Use the following form and submit it for consideration by the Early Childhood Team at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College.
Students are required to wear a program polo to represent NWTC when working at your practicum center. Sample shirts are available in the lab for sizing purposes. Click here: https://nwtc.mybrightsites.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FEducation to order your shirt. (Please note that these shirts tend to run small. If you typically wear a medium, you may want to order a large.)
When placing your order, please select from one of the following:
If you are not able to pick up your shirt at either NWTC or The Elite Group, you must select Standard Ground Shipping and pay for the shipping cost.
- Free shipping to NWTC in Green Bay (code will be provided to you for a limited time at the start of the semester). This is only for students taking in-person classes in Green Bay or that live near Green Bay Campus or one of the Campuses/Regional Learning Centers (Marinette, Sturgeon Bay, Aurora, Crivitz, Luxemburg, Oconto Falls, or Shawano) and are able to pick up their shirt.
- Pick up order at The Elite Group in De Pere (you will be notified when your order is ready for pick up).
- Standard Ground Shipping (distance students; not near an NWTC site).
Student Photo ID
Students are required to wear a photo ID to represent NWTC when working at your practicum center. You can get one in the Student Involvement Office (SC118) and there is no charge. Please bring a state issued photo ID and know your student ID.
The Early Childhood Education program handbook can be found by clicking here.
(920) 498-6255 or (800) 422-NWTC, Ext. 6255
(920) 498-5410 or (800) 422-NWTC, Ext. 5410