How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Completed application for certificate
What are my courses?
The Special Education certificate is applicable for both new learners and people currently working in the field with persons with disabilities. Courses provide an overview to special education practical classroom strategies to support learning for a variety of disability areas, as well as techniques for guiding and managing behavior. Courses are delivered online.
- Curriculum Note: Students must earn a "C" or higher in all 10-522-XXX courses to successfully graduate the Special Education Certificate. A student must repeat the particular course with a "C" or better final grade to continue in or graduate from this program. If the course is sequential, the successful retake must occur before continuing the sequence.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.