Introduction to Paraeducator Careers - Certificate
Are you interested in working with preschool students through grade twelve? In this certificate, you'll receive a basic foundation in theory and practical application of how children learn, teaching strategies, supporting the classroom teacher with classroom management, and addressing the needs of special needs students. All courses transfer to the Paraeducator technical diploma and Foundations of Teacher Education associate degree program.
Follow Your Path
All credits from this certificate apply toward the following associate degree(s):
Foundations of Teacher Education, 105222
All credits from this certificate apply toward the following technical diploma(s):
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Completed application.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the Introduction to Paraeducator Careers Pathway Certificate in the number of semesters shown. All courses in this certificate may be applied toward the Foundations of Teacher Education Associate Degree and the Paraeducator Technical Degree programs.
- Curriculum Note: Students must earn a "C" or higher in all 10-522-XXX courses to successfully graduate the Introduction to Paraeducator Careers Certificate. A student must repeat the particular course with a "C" or better final grade to continue in or graduate from this program. If the course is sequential, the successful retake must occur before continuing the sequence.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.