How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
What are my courses?
The Infant Toddler Certificate is designed for family child care providers, infant toddler teachers, child care administrators, directors, Birth to 3 aides/teachers, certified providers and anyone considering entering early childhood care and education of children in the first three years of life. Courses can be taken in any order and concurrently, as long as Infant/Toddler-Capstone (10-307-115) is taken last. Completion of the four courses in this credential, along with preparation of a portfolio, permits the student to apply for and attain the Wisconsin Infant Toddler Professional Credential from The Registry.
- Curriculum Note: Students must earn a "C" or higher in all 10-307-XXX courses to successfully graduate the Early Childhood: Infant Toddler Certificate. If the course is sequential, the successful retake must occur before continuing the sequence.
What else do I need to know about the program?
Commission with The Registry for the Wisconsin Infant Toddler Credential
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.