Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship
Do you want to positively impact children’s lives during the most important years of their development? In this apprenticeship program, you will learn to support the mental, social/emotional, and physical development of children through appropriate programs and environments.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job training with online classes at NWTC.
Area of Study: Human Services & Education
- 2 years
- 4,000 hours on-the-job training
- 432 hours paid related instruction
- Additional related instruction may be required
What will I learn?
Your training and instruction will cover/include:
- Health and nutrition
- Literature and language arts
- Creative activities
- Communication skills
- Supervised experience in licensed childcare centers
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.