Certificate Completers will be able to
• Describe the role of paralegals in the American legal system.
• Analyze law office procedures required to comply with Wisconsin laws and regulations.
• Utilize legal office applications software for timekeeping, billing, case and legal matter management and office operations management.
• Apply ethical canons and codes associated with the use of legal technology in the law office.
• Maintain a law library providing access to hard copy and electronic resources appropriate for practicing paralegals and attorneys.
• Demonstrate competent use of various legal research tools.
• Describe employment laws impacting legal offices.
• Describe various leadership styles and management principles.