Paralegal Intro/Legal Ethics
Course Number: 10110101
10-110-101 PARALEGAL INTRO/LEGAL ETHICS ...introduction to and exploration of the paralegal profession and paralegal roles; legal ethics, state and federal court systems; civil and criminal procedure; overview of substantive areas of law; locating and interpreting statutes and cases; drafting legal correspondence.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Explore the paralegal profession.
- Apply ethical rules in making decisions.
- Compare the state and federal judicial systems.
- Compare civil and criminal procedure.
- Explore substantive areas of law.
- Explore the function of a paralegal in different substantive areas of law
- Locate statutes and cases.
- Interpret statutes and cases
- Draft legal correspondence