Law Office Administration
Course Number: 10110174
10-110-174 LAW OFFICE ADMINISTRATION ...exploration of law office infrastructure including organization systems and file management; the legal marketplace and roles of lawyers, paralegals and other members of the legal team; personnel relations, leadership styles and employment laws; docketing and calendaring; law office financial concerns including timekeeping, legal fees, costs, billing and client trust accounts; ethical considerations in law office management. (Corequisite: 10-110-101, Paralegal Intro/Legal Ethics)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Identify the members of the legal team and their roles within a legal office.
- Explore various leadership styles and management principles within the context of a legal office.
- Apply canons and codes associated with the members of the legal team.
- Use technology, the Internet and social media ethically in the law office.
- Differentiate between the types of legal fees, costs and expenses in a law office.
- Use the components of effective law office timekeeping systems.
- Apply law office procedures related to billing and financial management.
- Apply procedures required to comply with laws and regulations regarding client trust accounts.
- Use elements of effective docket control and calendaring systems. .
- Abide by employment laws impacting legal offices.
- Develop administrative and substantive systems for managing a legal office.
- Illustrate efficient methods of file and records management.