• NWTC has partnered with Missouri State University, Missouri State University-West Plains, Northeast Iowa Community College, Redlands Community College, Rend Lake College, South Plains College, Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus, Kent State University-Ashtabula, Highland Community College, Central Lakes College, Michigan State University, and Ivy Tech Community College to offer an Associate Degree in Winemaking (Enology). The partnership is formally referred to as the Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance, or VESTA. The partnered colleges individually deliver VESTA classes through various online delivery formats.
• Students desiring to earn an Associate Degree in Winemaking (Enology) must apply for admission to NWTC and must take a minimum of 25% of technical core courses at NWTC.
• The VESTA online courses, identifiable by “VIN” in front of the course code have a separate admission and registration process.
• Practicum sites throughout the state are listed on the VESTA website. New ones can be added if the student finds a willing and eligible vineyard.
• Some courses have a minimum age requirement.
• Further information on VESTA can be found on the website www.vesta-usa.org.
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Programs staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor or visit NWTC.edu/studyabroad.