Door County Learning in Retirement (DCLIR)
Lifelong Learning Opportunities
We invite YOU to revisit familiar topics and experience exciting new choices in our Fall 2022 term.
Classes are free but require membership
Registration remains open throughout the term. If seats are available for the class, you may register at any time with a paid membership.
Most Fall 2022 classes will be In-Person
Other classes are Virtual and on the ZOOM platform
Follow these steps to get started:
- On this page, click the Online Registration button to open the Door County Learning in Retirement portal
- Under Search Options - Select Term Fall 2022 in the drop down box. Scroll down and click Search (blue box) to view classes
In-person registration assistance, including downloading ZOOM, is available in the DCLIR classroom at NWTC - Sturgeon Bay Campus by appointment. Call or email during regular office hours 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
Planning for Spring 2023
The Door County Learning in Retirement Curriculum Committee invites you to take part in the planning process for our SPRING 2023 Term.
Committee meetings are scheduled in-person and on ZOOM. Attendance at all meetings is not required. Please attend as you have time and interest.
- Wednesday, September 21 at 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 11 at 10:00 a.m.
- Monday, October 17 - Final date for submitting new proposals
- Thursday, October 20 at 9:00 a.m. - Potential date for proofing/editing class proposals
- Wednesday, February 8 - Thursday, May 18 - probable start and end of Spring 2023 classes
Submitting a course proposal
When completing a course proposal, please ask for preferred dates, month and day of the week, morning or afternoon time slots. We would like to see more proposals for classes with ‘hands on activities’ – games, art, crafts, cooking or baking. Classes that support the history and culture of Door County are also very popular.
Presenters do not have to be ‘experts’… just experienced and enjoy sharing the ‘fun’ with others.
Proposals can be completed and emailed back to us or printed and mailed or dropped off at the DCLIR office as soon as they are completed. The last date for submitting new proposals is October 17, 2022.
We would love it if you shared this information with others not yet in our Curriculum Committee or Coordinator Club. There is always room for more!
Door County Learning in Retirement is dedicated to facilitating quality lifelong learning in an open, ongoing forum for retired or semi-retired adults in Northeastern Wisconsin.
- Course #2: Appeasement to Apocalypse: The Origins of WWII and the Causes of the Cold War: 1928-1953
Original Date: Wednesday, November 9 & 16 at 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Date change: Tuesday, November 15 & Wednesday, November 16 at 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Course #29 & #30 Energy Efficient Homes and Cars
Original Date: Wednesday, September 7 at 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Date change: Wednesday, September 28 at 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.