Door County Learning in Retirement (DCLIR)
DCLIR Members and Potential Members:
As our SPRING 2023 term welcomes its first class, we invite you to check your registration confirmations and calendars. Watch for emails from the class coordinators which include specific information about the class, ZOOM links where appropriate and the very important link to the Feedback sheet.
If you are unable to attend, please notify the coordinator asap so that if the class has a Wait List, there is time to contact someone to take your place.
Additionally, if you wonder if there are classes with available seats, check out the Spring 2023 Open Class List. Registration remains open through the term.
Thank you for your support of Door County Learning in Retirement
Spring 2023 Classes with Openings
As of: 2/1/23. Please note that some of these classes may have been filled since this list was generated.
You may go to the online registration portal to register for these classes, send an email request to the office or contact the coordinator listed in the catalog.
- #1 A Fine Kettle to Fish
- #3 Aprons: They’re Not Just for Men Anymore
- #4 Art in Poem
- #5 Boomers- Zoom
- #6 Chess: Beyond the Basics
- #7 Chess: Learn How to Play
- #9 Chinese Exercise- In Person and Zoom
- #10 Civilian Response to Active Shooter Threats
- #11 County Health Rankings – Where Do Door and Kewaunee Counties Stack Up?
- #14 Crossroads: So, What is a Freshwater Estuary?
- #17 CSI- Door County/Sturgeon Bay
- #18 Dementia 101
- #19 Dementia 201
- #20 Dillions Law
- #21 Door County Court Services Programs- In person and Zoom
- #24 Five Steps to Financial Security and Independence
- #25 Garden Totems
- #26 Get the Most Out of Your Photography
- #27 Getting Started with Google Docs
- #29 Guardianship Basics – In Person and Zoom
- #30 Hardanger
- #31 Health & Human Services Overview- in person or Zoom
- #36 Holocaust: Millie’s Story Revisited
- #37 Hospice 101 and Advanced Directives
- #38 How Civility Can Reduce Bias- In-person or zoom
- #40 In This Economy
- #41 Insects Bug Me
- #42 Introduction to Altrusa or Door County
- #45 Is That Really True:
- #47 Jigs, Reels, and Hornpipes
- #49 Laugh and Learn About Your Grandkids and Their Parents- Zoom
- #50 Marketplace and Medicare: Know Your Health Insurance Options
- #53 Paper Basket Weaving
- #56 Pirates of Chemotherapy: The Performances
- #57 Pirates of Chemotherapy: The Performances
- #58 Probate Basics- In person or Zoom
- #59 Quantum Technology: Basic Cyber and Internet Security- In Person or Zoom
- #60 Quantum Technology: Basics of Wi-Fi- In person or Zoom
- #61 Quantum Technology: Computer Back-up- In person or Zoom
- #62 Quantum Technology: Learning to Use Your Apple/Mac Device- In person or Zoom
- #63 Recorder in Concert
- #64 Retirement Roadblocks- In person or zoom
- #67 Shakespeare Classic Comedy
- #68 Soap Making
- #70 Stretching for Over 60
- #71 Still Life: Storytelling and Secret Messages
- #72 Sturgeon Bay Grain Elevator: A Story of the Gilded Age
- #73 Susan and Elizabeth- A Friendship of Consequence
- #77 Wellness in Retirement
Lifelong Learning Opportunities
Registration for Spring 2023 opens December 13, 2022
We invite YOU to revisit familiar topics and explore diverse and exciting new possibilities in the DCLIR Spring term catalog of classes.
Classes are free but require membership
Registration remains open throughout the term. If seats are available for the class, you may register at any time with a paid membership.
Most Spring classes will be In-Person
Other classes are Virtual and on the ZOOM platform
Follow these steps to get started:
- On this page, click the Online Registration button to open the Door County Learning in Retirement portal
- Under Search Options - Select Term Spring 2023 in the drop down box. Scroll down and click Search (blue box) to view classes
In-person registration assistance, including downloading ZOOM, is available in the DCLIR classroom at NWTC - Sturgeon Bay Campus by appointment. Call or email during regular office hours 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
(The office will be closed from December 21, 2022, through January 2, 2023)
Door County Learning in Retirement is dedicated to facilitating quality lifelong learning in an open, ongoing forum for retired or semi-retired adults in Northeastern Wisconsin.